REQUIREMENTS FOR BAPTISM
- Attend a baptismal preparation class.
- If not a member of our parish, must have written approval from pastor of home parish.
- A letter of good standing in their parish is required for each Catholic sponsor, unless the sponsors are members at Sacred Heart, St. Patrick’s or St. John’s. At least one sponsor must be a Confirmed Catholic.
- A copy of a certified birth certificate from the state must be given. Only the information on the birth certificate will be used for the baptismal certificate. If the father is not listed on the birth certificate, he will not be listed on the baptismal certificate. Birth certificates issued by the hospital are not “official” records and will not be accepted.
- A completed data form, that will be provided at the preparation class, that includes all contact information must be on file.
- Once these requirements are met and all paperwork is on file at the rectory office, the baptism may be scheduled. We encourage parents to have their children baptized during a Mass, but private ones are accepted based on availability of the priest or deacon.
Baptismal Preparation Classes are held monthly in English at Sacred Heart (click HERE for schedule) and in Spanish at St. Patrick's.
Children should be baptized prior to beginning Kindergarten. If your child hasn't been baptized and they are already in school, your child may attend our Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) classes. For information please contact our Director of Religious Education, Lisa Osburn
Adults seeking to become members of the Church will need to attend Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA), please call Sacred Heart Rectory office at 660-827-2311.