Welcome to St. Patrick’s Parish
415 East Fourth Street, Sedalia Missouri 65301
Welcome to the St. Patrick’s Church webpage. St. Patrick’s
parish is served by the Society of the Precious Blood,
Kansas City Province.
Fr. Mark Miller, C.PP.S., Pastor
Fr. Deusdedit Mulokozi, C.PP.S., Associate Pastor
Jerome Connery, Permanent Deacon
Turf Martin, Permanent Deacon
Lisa Osburn serves as our Director of PSR
and volunteer Youth Minister.
St. Patrick's Church and Sacred Heart Church are seven blocks apart, share many ministerial programs together. Some of these programs are Parish School of Religion (PSR), confirmation, youth program, Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA). There is an Adoration Chapel in Sacred Heart Church open Sunday to Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Catholics from both parishes make a weekly holy hour. Visitors are always welcome.
History of St. Patrick’s
As early as 1854 priests rode horseback from Jefferson City and Boonville to minister to the Catholics in the Sedalia area. When the course of the railroad was determined and Sedalia became the center of population in the early 1860’s, a small church was built on the corner of Pettis and Lamine and named after St. Vincent.
By 1870 a parish school was started staffed by lay teachers until the arrive of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondolet in 1877. In 1881 the sisters bought, occupied and taught from one of the first brick residences in Sedalia located at Fourth and Washington.
In 1894 plans were made to build a church in that area to be re-named St. Patrick because of the predominance of Irish families in the parish. The foundation was laid with rock donated by Patrick McEnroe from his quarry northeast of the city; however, the church was not completed until 1910.
The rectory was built in 1922, the school in 1924 and a convent in 1944. With Sacred Heart elementary and high school only several blocks away, St. Patrick’s school closed in 1968 and, in 1973, the City of Sedalia purchased the complex to use as a community center.
Although each parish has its own commissions, St. Patrick, St. John of Bahner and Sacred Heart work together under the ministry of the Society of the Precious Blood.